Eligibility and Application
A typical corps is diverse in terms of ethnicity, age, educational background, interests, skills and abilities. College students are encouraged to apply but do not need to be a student to participate. All individuals who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to apply for the VCU AmeriCorps program.
To enroll in the VCU AmeriCorps program, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED, or agree to obtain one while serving.
- Have a passion for service.
- Enjoy working with children.
In order to successfully complete the program, you must:
- Complete a total of 1,700 hours of service (full-time), 900 hours of service (part-time), 675 hours of service (reduced part-time) or 450 hours of service (quarter time) over a 10- to 12-month service term at agreed upon weekly rates.
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions throughout the year.
- Participate in state-sponsored events and group service projects.
- Complete end-year team and personal legacy project.
2016-17 program positions (PDF)
Additional Program Information
- The program year runs from September to August.
- Applications are accepted until available positions are filled.
- The last possible date for enrollment is Oct. 31st each year.
Team Leader Application (Word)
Member Application (Word)